Top 3 Cryptocurrency Options in 2023 – Gamble with Crypto Today
As we speak, there are more than 12,000 cryptocurrencies in circulation, some more popular than others. Only at the end of 2021, around 1,000 new cryptos were added, offering people more options on cryptocurrency exchange platforms. The most popular ones remain Bitcoin and Ether, though.
Cryptocurrencies have started being used on crypto casino platforms, offering gamblers the option to avoid high fees, but also the benefit of maintaining anonymity. For this reason, the demand for crypto gambling has increased considerably. Now, about 50% of the Bitcoin transactions are related to gambling.
With so many options, it is very difficult to choose the best cryptocurrency to bet with. Before you sign up on the best crypto betting sites, you must know which coins are most commonly seen on the platforms, but also which are the best for gambling. Below, you will learn about the best cryptocurrency options and get the information necessary for making your choice.
Top 3 Best Cryptocurrency Options for Gambling
Crypto casino websites offer multiple options to make payments. Most people who have been into online betting were used to fiat currency options, like USD or EUR. But lately, more and more platforms started adding cryptocurrencies.
Individuals who are into gambling prefer digital currency as it stays in the digital area and allows them to stay anonymous and prevent high fees for withdrawals. The platforms do not offer all cryptocurrencies in existence, though, so it is essential to select the most convenient one for you before you jump into this new experience.
Here are the top cryptos used for gambling:
Undoubtedly, Bitcoin remains the most popular cryptocurrency for gambling. It was the first cryptocurrency. The Bitcoin.org domain was registered back in 2008. Then later, in 2009, there was a release of Bitcoin software as a code that was open source.
The currency was made by someone using the presumable pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto. After Nakamoto published a paper named “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-peer Electronic Cash System”, Bitcoin.org got more attention.
After the release of the open-source code, the 1st chain block was created, and the developer gave it the “genesis block” name.
Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency and, since its release, it not only gained a lot of popularity but also changed the economic environment of the planet. Today, the Bitcoin name is the most popular one when it comes to cryptocurrencies, and it is also the most commonly used one. To many users, Bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
It is easy to find Bitcoin casino platforms, which is what makes it so great for crypto gambling.
Although Ethereum has been getting very close to Bitcoin in terms of popularity, the digital currency was released only in 2015. However, it closely followed the original Bitcoin design. A white paper was published by Vitalik Buterin in 2013 in order to introduce the coin, and then the platform for the currency was launched in 2015.
When the coin was first introduced, 11.9 million coins were circulating. Also, back then, about 13% of total coins were circulating. Ethereum is great if you are planning to invest for a very long time, and this also makes it a great option if you want to gamble with crypto. Its future in the market is very sustainable.
Furthermore, many gambling platforms already made Ethereum a payment option, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find a suitable website.
Another amazing option for crypto gambling is Ripple. It joined the market in 2012, even though it was developed as early as 2004. Ryan Fugger is the one who developed RipplePay.com. It is one of the oldest developed cryptos, and that makes it more trustworthy.
After a while, Fugger gave the leadership for the project to Chris Larsen and Jed McCaleb, who worked on a new system for it. This is how OpenCoin was created. Later, the company name was changed to RippleLabs.
Even though a lot of changes were made over the years, the idea that Ryan Fugger proposed is still the one operating the cryptocurrency. What makes Ripple so great is that it works similarly to the banking institutions you know while having its key differences. Therefore, it is secure, but also anonymous.
Many crypto casinos have Ripple available. If the centralized crypto is your choice, you will not have a hard time finding a platform that offers it as a payment option.
How to Choose the Best Cryptocurrency Online Casino?
If you want to learn how to choose cryptocurrency casinos, you must make sure you pick a platform that has your preferred cryptocurrency available. More importantly, you have to pick the right type of casino. The available ones are:
- Single Currency Casinos – As the name suggests, these casinos only offer one currency type. This may include USD, EUR, or other currencies. They may allow you to play using other currencies too, but high fees may be associated with this action. Therefore, they may not be the best for everyone.
- Multiple Currency Casinos – These casinos accept more than one currency type. They tend to be the best ones, as they allow you to use both fiat currency and digital currency.
- Digital Currency Casinos – It is also possible to find digital currency casinos. Crypto gambling platforms are a big thing today, and they are gaining more popularity every single day. They are ideal for people who want to save some money as they have low or no conversion fees. Everyone in the world can use them.
Things to Pay Attention to When Choosing Your Platform
Before you choose one of the top online casinos that accept crypto, make sure you consider the following aspects:
- Registration – Usually, online casinos expect you to register, which means you would have to offer your personal details and reveal your identity. However, some Bitcoin gambling site options do not require registration and let you gamble instantly. If you can find such a website that is also reliable and licensed, it can be a better option if you want to maintain anonymity.
- Accepted Cryptocurrencies – You should go for a crypto gambling platform that accepts your preferred coin. Bitcoin is the most commonly found one, but perhaps you want to make deposits and/or withdrawals using another option. Look for a platform that offers Dogecoin, Litecoin, Ripple, or another currency if Bitcoin is not your favorite crypto.
The best cryptocurrency is the one with the best value and features for your gambling activities. Crypto gambling can be done using various crypto options, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dogecoin, and others. Pick the one that works best for you, and you will have the best experience.